Among the Education Foundation’s many goals is the desire to improve educational opportunities for the youth of the Cooperative’s service area. Since 1993, the Education Foundation has awarded over $1.6 million in scholarships and grants in the Cooperative’s service area.
- Awards are limited to schools located within the Cooperative service area and that purchase retail communication services. Note: The purchase of retail communication services outside the Cooperative service area does not qualify.
- The grant awards shall not exceed $1,000 per application, and funds must be spent for the purpose identified on the application. Substitution of other expenditures which are different from the application is permitted only with written approval from the Education Committee of the Board of Directors.
- Schools within the Cooperative service area may utilize the education grant for cost of materials, equipment, subscriptions for educational materials, or other approved purchases which will enhance the ability to improve teaching and learning activities.
- Applications for grant funds must be authorized by the school principal.
- A completed application form and a written narrative detailing the planned use of the grant funds must be submitted for review and approval.
- Expenditures for items detailed on the application must be completed within 12 months from the date of the award. Receipts for the actual expenditures shall be submitted to Plateau. Failure to submit proper documentation of expenditures may result in future denial of requests.
- This program is limited to two grants per school district per school year, one for the elementary level and one for the middle / high school level.
How to Apply
Complete this application. Please ensure that you are qualified to apply, that the application is complete and legible, and all signatures and supporting information are included. Mail the completed application form with all attachments to:
Education Foundation Committee,
P.O. Box 1947,
7111 N. Prince St.,
Clovis, New Mexico 88102-1947
All applications must be postmarked no later than October 3, 2022.School Classroom Sponsorship Application
- For the purpose of grant eligibility, a Cooperative area school is located in and purchases retail communication services within the Cooperative’s service area. Retail communication services purchased in the following areas will qualify as Cooperative memberships — 279 (House), 355 (Fort Sumner), 357 (Grady), 372 (Weber City), 374 (Clayton), 389 (Pleasant Hill), 421 (El Valle), 422 (White Lakes), 423 (Bingham), 427 (Anton Chico), 456 (Bellview), 458 (Ragland), 472 (Santa Rosa), 481 (Farwell, TX), 485 (Roy), 487 (Logan), 575 (East Glenrio, TX), 576 (San Jon), 584 (Vaughn), 633 (Nara Visa), 641 (Trementina), 673 (Mosquero), 683 (South Clovis), 849 (Corona), 868 (Conchas Dam) or 985 (Ranchvale). Subscriptions to Plateau services outside these areas do not qualify. Retail communication services include landline telephone and/or broadband internet.